Sunday, August 2, 2009
This is for our dinner tonite..fettucini alfredo..it has been quite a long time since the last time we ate this dish..i used to eat it a lot when i was working on a part time basis as a food server at Sandburg Cafe back when i was a student at UWM USA. After all, this was all i could eat back then when it came to halal matter as the original recipe of alfredo sauce is free from any meat. Its base is cream, a lil flour to thicken the sauce, some mushrooms, and herbs and some seafoods such as shrimp, crab meat, and clams. But today im gonna use instant alfredo sauce of cos heheh.. When i finished my final exam for my first paper of my final semester this afternoon, i felt quite in a mood to have an italian meal for our dinner. Besides, i felt good about my performance in this class, i got 94% for my mid term exam, only 67% for my group assignment 1 (but well, its ok..at least we passed and we still have a few more group assignments and i hope the other will give us higher marks) and i think i have done good in my final this afternoon..well im not sure about the case study, but what the heck it's done already! That is what matters the most haahahahah. So i dropped by the Giant on my way home, picked the necessary ingredients to cook for our dinner and then i headed straight home.
1 packet of Fettuccine - well, as usual i'd use san remo. Im a loyal customer of it, in fact i didnt even register my thots to other brands, i guess san remo should reward me with free pasta for this free advertisement of words of my mouth, or rather words of my fingers...hehehe
2 cans of alfredo sauce - i used prego, 290gm per can
2 tsp of butter
5 garlic - chopped
1 shallot - minced
parsley - chopped
1 tsp of white pepper
4 shitake mushrooms - button mushroom is fine too
1/2 cup of chicken sausage - sliced
1/2 cup of shrimp - remove the skin (skin or shell? Well, remove the kulit)
1/2 cup of crab meat
1 bell pepper - diced
1. Cook the fettuccine in boiled water until it softens. Rinse and mix the soft fettuccine with some olive oil to avoid it from sticking with each other. Rest aside.
2. Heat and melt butter in a medium size pan. Saute the garlic and shallot until golden.
3. Add mushrooms, chicken sausages, shrimps and crab meat. Cook until it turns golden and add in the diced bell pepper.
4. Add the Alfredo sauce from the can, make sure to add 1 can of water, otherwise the sauce would be too thick. Sprinkle some white pepper and oregano leaves. Let it simmer for a while.
5. Serve the sauce over the fettuccine, and sprinkle with chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese.